Other Ways to Give
You will find many ways that you can help us continue our mission “to empower young women as they discover their own potential and value.” You can make a donation now online ; you can you can donate stocks or real estate; you can learn how your workplace can make a matching gift; parents and alumnae can participate in the annual fund; and everyone can help our Today’s Legacy, Tomorrow’s Promise capital campaign succeed.
You will also find many reasons why you may wish to consider helping Preston High School in its mission. Your gift can honor a loved one through a named scholarship or a named facility. You can make a memorial gift to recognize the life of someone who has recently passed away. Regardless, consider any gift you make to PHS a gift of education that will last a lifetime for the young women we serve.
Thank you for all you have done and for all we still can do together.
- Donate online now
- Fax form with credit card payments to (718) 863-6125
- Mail form with check or credit card information to Preston High School, 2780 Schurz Avenue, Bronx, NY 10465, Attention: Advancement Office
Please click here to make an online donation.
A contribution of appreciated securities/stock will allow you to receive a tax deduction for the full market value while avoiding capital gains taxes. This is a great way to support Preston High School and avoid estate taxes, as well as probate and settlement costs and fees.
The delivery of DTC eligible securities/stock should be directed through Wells Fargo Advisors. Our account name is Preston High School, Account No. 1887-5136. To arrange for wire transfers, please contact the Advancement Office at (718) 863-9134, ext. 195.
Honor or Memorial Gifts:
Celebrate a significant occasion—a birthday, wedding, first communion, or graduation, for example, with a contribution to PHS in honor of a loved one. You can also honor the life of an alumna, friend, teacher, or relative with a gift. We also offer the opportunity to remember mothers, grandmothers, sisters and aunts with a memorial Mother’s Day donation and fathers, grandfathers, brothers and uncles with a memorial Father’s Day donation. Those named in these commemorations are recognized at special school assemblies in May and June.
Create a Legacy: Join the PHS Heritage Society
Consider designating PHS as a beneficiary of your estate, 401(k), insurance policy, or making another type of planned gift. Our Advancement staff welcomes the opportunity to work with you or you and your advisors in planning your gift. We can provide sample language for your review in establishing your gift, as well as calculations and illustrations of the tax and income benefits you may enjoy from your gift.
Any size gift can be made to PHS's scholarship fund. Scholarships may also be named to memorialize a living or deceased family member, classmate or friend; named for a teacher, corporation or organization; to commemorate a special occasion, class, or achievement. For more information, contact our Advancement Office at (718) 863-9134, ext. 195.
PHS Giving Societies
PHS Giving Societies include all gifts made during our fiscal year of September 1 through August 31. Matching gifts (individual or spouse) are included when determining giving society membership.
- Bridge to the Future Society: Gifts of $25,000 or more
- Divine Compassion Society: Gifts of $10,000 to $24,999
- Mother Mary Veronica Starr Society: Gifts of $5,000 to $9,999
- Principal’s Court: Gifts of $2,500 to $4,999
- Monsignor Preston Society: Gifts of $1,000 to $2,499
- Maroon & White Circle: Gifts of $500 to $999
- Academic League: Gifts of $250 to $499
Gifts of any amount are deeply appreciated by the PHS Community. Please click here to make an online donation.
What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund supports excellence in education by providing opportunities for students beyond what is covered by tuition and fees. This is the most important fundraising effort of the year. Gifts to the Annual Fund enrich all of our programs: academics, the arts, technology, athletics, campus ministry and our financial aid program. The Annual Fund supports our top priorities and makes an immediate difference in the day-to-day life of our students and faculty.
Why give to the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund is the backbone of our fundraising efforts. Without generous annual support from parents, alumnae, grandparents, and friends, PHS would not be able to maintain its reputation as one of the Bronx’s top Catholic high schools. The key to a successful Annual Fund is a broad base of participation. Your gift, in any amount, is vital to ensuring PHS's bright future. Together, we can make a difference!
What does your Annual Fund gift support?
Gifts to the Annual Fund support our efforts to maintain academic excellence and to provide a broad-based, well-rounded liberal education to our young women:
- Expansion and maintenance of state-of-the art technology in classrooms and labs
- Enhanced educational resources and materials for excellence in teaching
- Professional development for faculty to stay current with pedagogical strategies in their disciplines
- Excellent coaching for 6 sports with 10 teams, including varsity and junior varsity teams, and 2 club sports – an outstanding program for a small school with 600 students
- Leadership and spiritual development opportunities through a vibrant Student Life and Campus Ministry program
- Service learning in the community
Increased Financial Assistance:
- 33% of PHS students receive financial assistance allowing a PHS education to be accessible to qualified students from all economic backgrounds